I’m really trying to keep my word and post all the other recipe I’ve made over the past month and a half. These vegetarian burgers are the closest thing that I’ve come to the same structure as an actual burger. This patty didn’t fall apart either! Even though black bean burgers (or any version of this) are incredibly delicious but every time I’ve made them they tend to fall apart. Which is quite annoying! You could totally use this recipe to stuff turkey burgers. Even if you’re not vegetarian you should give this a try. Shake up your life… live a little!
Spicy Cauliflower Burgers
Cook time: approx. 45 mins
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 head cauliflower (about 6 cups florets)
- 3-4 tablespoons oil, divided
- a few generous shakes of spicy seasoning – cumin, chili powder, cayenne, etc.
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs (or ground almonds)
- ¾ cup shredded Pepperjack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 diced serrano peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook the quinoa (2 cups water and 1 cup quinoa.. or if you are using packaged then prepare according to package)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, transfer to a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. I used garlic, cayenne, and cumin. Roast for 20-30 minutes. Let cool. Pulse through a food processor to form small pieces that stick together. You don’t need to puree the cauliflower but we do want enough mushiness so it’ll stick together.
- Combine the cauliflower with the quinoa, garlic salt, breadcrumbs, Pepperjack cheese, eggs, serrano peppers, and another teaspoon or two of spicy seasoning if you so choose. This made about 8 patties for me.
- In an oiled pan over medium heat, cook the burgers until golden brown on each side, flipping very carefully to avoid breaking. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Top the burger with whatever you want. I’m not gonna tell you how to live your life.
Recipe inspired by: http://pinchofyum.com/spicy-cauliflower-burgers
Photo cred: Yours truly
Have wonderful Tuesday. Sending positive vibes your way!
Happy International Women’s Day 🙂