Anyone who knows me knows that I am a LOVER of seafood. There’s not much that I don’t like (except maybe tuna… so nasty). I’ve heard many people rave about swordfish and since I had never tried it before I decided to make it. I’ve heard from a couple of people that grilling is one of the best ways to cook swordfish…. but I have no idea how to grill so cooking in the pan/oven it is. Even if I couldn’t grill the fish I thought it was amazing! This recipe didn’t take too long either (I did both recipes simultaneously).
Ginger Garlic Pan Roasted Swordfish and Zucchini Pasta with a Butternut Creme Sauce
Swordfish cook time: about 25 minutes
Ingredients for the swordfish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil/coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets*
*I made 3 and the toppings were enough.. if you make more just double the ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blend together coconut ( I used olive oil because I was out of coconut), parsley, garlic, ginger, red pepper and lemon peel in small bowl.
- Season to taste with sea salt.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle swordfish with sea salt .
- Add swordfish to skillet. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes ( I put on the kitchen timer and turned them over about half way through)
- Turn swordfish over and transfer to cookie sheet (I placed foil and drizzled a little olive oil before I placed the fish down) then to the oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Add seasoned oil to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up all the bits, until melted and bubbling.
- Transfer swordfish to plate
- Pour oil sauce over swordfish and serve with your favorite sides
Zucchini pasta cook time: about 60 minutes (Most of that is baking the squash)
Ingredients for Zucchini pasta and sauce
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 pounds zucchini, spiralized
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spiralize the Zucchini and set aside
- Slice butternut squash in half lengthwise. Grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and then lay butternut squash (cut side down) on sheet pan.
- Roast for 30 – 45 minutes, until squash is tender and flesh can easily be pierced with a fork. Once cooked, allow squash to cool, then scoop out the flesh (this should yield about 5 cups of flesh) and discard the skin. Add the flesh to a blender. **
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 3 – 5 minutes
- Next, add the sautéed garlic & onions, Thyme, coconut milk, broth, and salt to a blender with the butternut squash flesh. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to a large pan. add the zucchini pasta and cook for about 3 minutes, until zucchini is almost tender. Add the sauce to the pan and continue to cook until sauce is hot and zucchini is tender.
- Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and serve hot.
** I did the full 45 and it was really squishy but since it’s going in a blender that’s okay
Photo Cred: Moi