This recipe was a relative quick one to make. As long as you have the beef already thawed out beforehand this one doesn’t take super long. I think spaghetti sauce is sooo much better homemade. Don’t get me wrong, if I’m feeling lazy I grab a jar from the pasta aisle. But if you want something you super delicious take the extra time to make this! I promise you it’ll be good. Like i’ve said before I try to stay away from pasta and bread so for this recipe I made zucchini noodles. I’ve posted before about how to make those… or if you’re too lazy to look then there’s this magical tool called Google.
Homemade Tomato Cream Sauce and Meatballs
Cook time: Meatballs: 40 mins and Sauce: 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs ( I used Italian)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced ( You could use powder too just add more if you don’t think you used enough)
- 2 Cans (15oz) of tomato sauce or marinara
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Form into meatballs and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in 400° oven for 20 minutes
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce/marinara and pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream
Recipe cred: http://hubpages.com/food/EasyItalianMeatballsRecipe
Photo cred: That would be me!