This recipe (and I use the word term recipe loosely here because this one I just made up) is another quick and easy one. These are one of my favorites! I’ve added vegetables, seasonings, and sometimes I get pretty fancy and top the burger with an sunny side up fried egg ( don’t knock it until you try it!). There are tons out there that you can find if you don’t like mine. I don’t really eat bread anymore so I use lettuce or spinach for the “buns”. I also top the burger with mustard (I don’t like ketchup or mayo). As far as sides you could make homemade french fries, any sort of vegetables. Pretty sure when I made this I made asparagus and broccoli with it.
Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Cook time: 35 mins
- Ground Turkey ( 1 lb or more)
- Spices (I use garlic, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, and paprika)
- Chopped Jalapeños or Serrano peppers
- Chopped Onions
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes (I used hot)
- You should have the ground turkey already defrosted.
- Chop up the onion and jalapeños. Open the can of Rotel
- Toss the turkey into a big bowl, add the spices, onions, jalapeños.
- Next you’ll use your clean hands to make balls. You can make them whatever size you want.
- Once you get those made then you add some olive oil to a medium sized pan and turn the heat to medium-high.
- You’ll place the burger in the oil and cook. Make sure to brown each side until down ( basically no pink).
Recipe cred: My brain
Photo cred: My iPhone