SO…last recipe post I said I would be posting in the next couple of days… and I didn’t quite get to that.. BUT the good news is I finally got all of the food pics from my phone to my computer! That means I’m THAT much closer to putting the 4 other recipes ( including protein cookies and Not-so-healthy-but-kinda pumpkin muffins). But for right now I am posting what I made for din din last night. It is one of my favorites so far. This particular recipe was a vegetarian spaghetti squash lasagna but you could totally add meat or more veggies. Next time I make it I’m adding jalapeños or cayenne to make it spicy.
PS: I get a ton of inspiration from pinterest… and If you want to follow my board called “Delicious” that has a lot of recipes on it. You can find me http://www.pinterest.com/khill13
Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
Cook time: 60 mins
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- ½ cup part Ricotta cheese
- 1½ cups part skim shredded mozzarella
- Handfuls of Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Carefully slice your spaghetti squash in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and flip them cut side down on a large microwave safe plate.
- Add a little water to the bottom of the plate (to create steam) and microwave on high for 10 minutes ( I was extremely skeptical about the microwave method.. I usually put mine in the crockpot BUT this definitely worked!)
- In a small casserole dish add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the bottom.
- Combine the rest of the marinara sauce with the ricotta cheese.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done in the microwave, scoop out the insides with a folk. The squash will be EXTREMELY hot so be careful and let it cool for a while.
- Then layer in spaghetti squash over the sauce.
- Top with sauce and layer with spinach * and repeat with spaghetti squash.
- Cover the whole pan with mozzarella cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
- Turn to broil for an additional 7-9 minutes. You could do more or less time. It just depends on how brown and bubbly you want the cheese.
*I forgot to do this so I poked spinach throughout the pan and then added a layer of spinach over the final layer of squash.
Photo Cred: Yours truly
Happy Healthy Eating!