HEY WHAT’S UP HELLO.
I’ve been MIA for a long time. A lot has happened over the last month and a half… and to be honest I have been busy and didn’t feel like posting 🙂 BUT FEAR NOT fellow readers.. I am back with a vengeance (insert sunglasses emoji here).
Winter is coming. Fall is my absolute favorite. I love the chilly (not ridiculously cold) weather. The pretty changes in the leaves (except in Texas) and PSL’s (Pumpkin Spice Lattes for all you non-basics out there). Another thing I love is soups. Especially during the colder months. Today I made a pumpkin soup I found on Pinterest. Also, I recently heard that rubbing the spices between your palms helps release the flavor of the spice.
PS: I have about 3-4 other recipes I will post soon! Sorry for the overload.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Cook Time : about 1.5 hours
- 3 Cups Chicken broth ( I used Bouillon Cubes)
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme (you can also use fresh)
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 6 Whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Ginger (you can also use fresh)
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
* Sometimes I can’t follow directions or read very well. I grabbed a 29 oz can of pumpkin.. which is about 4 cups not two.. so I had to double the recipe.. Oops
- In a pot, combine the first 9 ingredients ( IE: everything but the whipping cream) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes ( no need to put a cover on).
- Using some sort of blender puree the soup.
- Return the soup to the pot and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another (yes another) 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy whipping cream
Photo Cred: MOI
Happy healthy eating!