This one I made a while back… I’m trying to get better at posting I swear 😉 I love a hearty soup! With fall officially here (even though Texas weather doesn’t show that yet) soups and chili’s are great to make and freeze. This soup is really good and super easy to make. Aside from browning the sausage you literally just chop the veggies and toss them in.
Kale, White Bean and Sausage Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz beef Polska Kiebasa Sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices (I used Hillshire Farm and really liked it)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/3 cups chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- chicken broth ( I used the chicken bouillon cubes or you can use the cans of the broth)
- 1 cup water ( if you use the cubes you will need to add more)
- Chile de Arbol by El Sol de Mexico ( I got this in the Hispanic/international aisle)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 oz kale, thick ribs removed, chopped (about 1 1/2 bunches. 5 oz if using pre-cut)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans cannellini beans (aka Navy beans), drained and rinsed
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until slightly browned, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage, while leaving oil in pan, and drain sausage on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Return pot with oil to medium heat, add carrots, onion, and celery and saute 3 minutes (while scraping bottom of pan to get the browned bits), add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken broth, water, parsley, rosemary, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and allow to gently boil 10 minutes. Add kale and allow to boil until kale and veggies are tender. Stir in cooked sausage and cannellini beans (you can add more broth at this point to thin if desired) then voila!
Photo Cred: Me and good ol’ google (http://www.mexgrocer.com/9631.html?utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Mexican%20Food%20Groceries&gclid=CMT2mKyXmsgCFQooaQodrGIA1g)